BOOKING CONDITIONS - MAKEUP
- All enquiries will be held provisionally for 24 hours from the time of enquiry.
- A non-refundable £40 deposit secures your booking. This is deducted from the final balance and is made payable through the website under 'deposits'.
- Only once your deposit is received is your booking secured. Your booking will then be confirmed via email.
- Prices are subject to change.
- All trials must be paid on completion of service.
- Should any members of the party become abusive, threatening, offensive and/or violent, we reserve the right to terminate the service without a refund.
- For health and safety we ask that clients and their party do not smoke during the make up service.
- Any images taken from the trial or the wedding day may be used on our website and/or social media sites.
- The final balance must be paid by bank transfer or via the website under 'pay here' no later than 2 weeks before the wedding date.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING
- If you cancel your wedding within 30 days prior to your wedding date we will require 100% of the remaining balance in full.
- If you cancel your wedding within 60 days prior to your wedding date we will require 50% of the remaining balance in full.
- All deposits are non refundable if you cancel your booking.
- In the unforeseen circumstance of emergency or severe illness we will endeavour to find a replacement from our list of reputable and trusted makeup artists. Depending on the makeup artist, different rates and conditions may apply. The replacement artist will be fully briefed from your trial notes. Should this unlikely event occur all fees will be fully refunded.
- We will not be held responsible for any mechanical breakdowns, or for any delays caused by events beyond our control.
- In the unlikely event we are unable to find a replacement the full extent of liabilities are to give you a full refund.
TRAVEL AND PARKING
- Travel is calculated from Glasgow city centre. The first 10 miles are FREE, thereafter is it 0.50p per mile.
- All parking costs must be paid in full by the client.
- If there is inadequate parking please notify the makeup artist in advance.
- For journeys of 2 hours or more there will be an extra charge outwith the standard mileage.
BOOKING CONDITIONS - HAIR EXTENSIONS
At the consultation we find a perfect match of colours for your hair and decide how many bonds you will need depending on the thickness and length of your own hair and the look you wish to achieve. Once the colours have been chosen and you have agreed, a deposit is taken. This covers the cost of your hair. After the hair has been ordered it is non refundable for hygiene reasons. The remaining balance is paid upon completion of the fitting.
It is important to follow the correct aftercare to ensure you get the best results from your hair extensions.
DO's and DONT's
DO brush your hair extensions several times a day to ensure they are tangle free
DO separate the bonds with your fingers every day to avoid matting
DO ensure you thoroughly rinse all traces of shampoo and conditioner after washing
DO invest in a good extension loop or bristle brush
DO be gentle with your extensions at all times
DO keep extensions tied up during swimming (both pool and sea); if you do get hair wet you must ensure you rinse out any chlorine or sea water as soon as possible as this can cause your extensions to dry out, in the same way it would to your own natural hair.
DO tie your extensions back before going to bed in a loose plait or pony tail to minimise any tangles
DON'T pull your hair back too tightly; this can pull on the bonds, causing stress on your natural hair
DON'T put conditioner in at the roots of your hair; this may make the microloops slide out
DON'T use any of the following: Hot oils, sprays, lice treatments, products with silicone, sulphate or alcohol
DON'T wash hair in the opposite direction of growth, the weight could cause the hair to snap
COLOURING AND STYLING
Your extensions are 100% human hair. The hair can be cut, coloured and heat-styled in the same way your natural hair would be. However, hair may not develop at the same level as your natural hair which is why colouring is not recommended. Colouring hair is at the clients own risk. We cannot be held responsible after hair is coloured.
MAINTENANCE AND REPOSITIONING
Maintenance is advised every 6-8 weeks. The exact amount of time will depend on how the extensions have been cared for and your own hair growth. The maintenance and repositioning will consist of moving all strands back up to the root, putting back in any lost strands and replacing any micro rings that may be be damaged. If the bonds have not been separated daily and aftercare has not been followed, resulting in matting, a reposition will not be possible. A removal charge and refitting charge will apply.
When brushing your hair wet take special care as this is when it is most fragile. Always brush from the bottom up, holding hair at the root to ensure no extra strain is put on the bonds. Remember shedding of hair is a natural process, the average person looses around 100 hairs daily. If you feel there is excess shedding contact your hair extension fitter.
You may loose some bonds in the first week after fitting, the average is 4 bonds in 3 months. However if you feel you have lost several more please contact your extension fitter as soon as possible to arrange an examination. If you remove the bonds yourself before an assessment of the hair has taken place we cannot be held responsible for a refund or refitting. If the hair has been removed by any persons other than the extensionist who fitted your extensions and your hair has become damaged as a result we cannot be held responsible.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS AND AFTERCARE
Please use recommended products at all times. Arbonne Fc5 nourishing shampoo and conditioner. This range is PH correct, alcohol, sulphur and silicone free. These have been tried and tested on the hair extensions. Sulphur and sodium will dry out the bonds which can cause them to weaken and break down. Silicone can make the micro rings slide out.
ARBONNE FC5 SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER - massage shampoo into scalp, conditioner on mid lengths and ends only
MOROCAN/ARGAN OIL - on mid lengths and ends only
DRY SHAMPOO - on the crown at the roots, if it is sprayed on bonds it must be washed out thoroughly when showering
If you do not follow aftercare and recommended products we cannot be held responsible for lost bonds or hair damage.